How Evernote can help
Here are some ways we can use Evernote.
- Keeping control of bits of paper and hand written notes
- Harvesting and keeping tweets - see the guide
- Saving useful webpages, and adding notes. You can add the entire page, or just bits you select
- Saving pages and articles to read later - why not set up a 'read later' notebook?
- Planning and organising meetings or events - especially as you can share your meeting notebooks with other organisers
- Collaborating on research projects - share useful links and information with fellow researchers via sharing notebooks
- Use Evernote to make a quick note or to record an audio description
- Capture useful images you've found on line (remember to check copyright permissions if you're going to use these for presentations etc)
- Using Evernote on your tablet or smartphone? Lots of interactive apps are available via The Trunk
- Take photos of whiteboards/flip charts/post-its used in teaching/conferences
- Organise thoughts for lesson plans
Overview of Evernote
Too many documents? Losing track of your work? Use Evernote to help store, manage and organise your files
Access the web version, download Evernote for the web for your PC or laptop, or apps for your android smartphone, ipad/iphone or blackberry. Your account will be synchronised, so that you can access and organise your Evernote files wherever you are.
For example you can use Evernote on your smartphone to take a photo of a printed document circulated at a meeting, then access this when you are back at your desk. Files are saved in notebooks and you can add tags and text as necessary. See the getting started guide for more help.
Evernote folders are called notebooks - you can keep these provate to your account or share them with others. Individual files are called notes, and you can also choose to share these.
You should also download the webclipper for your browser so as to be able to clip content from web pages directly into Evernote.
- Collect information from anywhere into a single place. From text notes to web pages to files to snapshots, everything is always at your fingertips.
- Save entire webpages to your Evernote account with web clipper browser extensions. You get the whole page: text, images and links.
- Save everything cool and exciting you see online and in the real world. Snap a photo, record some audio and save it.
- Share your notes and collaborate on projects with friends, colleagues and classmates.