Setting up PubMed
If you go directly to pubmed either by googling it or typing the pubmed URL, pubmed will not be aware you are from NUS and will not automatically display the Find it! @NUS Libraries buttons.
You should instead bookmark the following URL
These links are also found in our catalogue, databases etc.which will activate the Find it! @NUS Libraries links.
Alternatively, if you have your own myNCBI account , you can change the settings as follows
Pubmed bookmarklet (experimental)
This pubmed bookmarklet, allows you to quickly search for articles in Pubmed. As a added bonus it includes settings automatically, so the Pubmed is aware you are from NUS and will display the appropriate settings to allow you to link to full text.
1. Highlight any text on any webpage.
2. Click on the bookmarklet
3. You will be routed to a Pubmed search of that text. If the highlighted text is a article title or citation, you will usually be sent to the pubmed entry on the item and if we have access to it, you can click on Find it @ NUS Libraries to access.
For Internet Explorer:
- Right click on this link <NUS Libraries PubMed Bookmarklet>.
Select "Add to Favorites".
- If you wish to add to "Links", go to "Favourites" and drag and drop the bookmarklet to "Links".
Click and drag the link to the "Links" toolbar. If a warning message: "You are adding a favorite that may not be safe. Do you want to continue?" appears, click "Yes" to continue. If the "Links" toolbar is not visible in the web browser, go to View->Toolbars menu of the browser to enable it.
For Mozilla Firefox:
Right click on this link<NUS Libraries PubMed Bookmarklet> Select "Bookmark This Link". Or click and drag the link to the "Bookmarks" toolbar.
NUS Libraries PubMed Bookmarklet> Click and drag this link < to the "Bookmarks" bar.
- In Google Chrome: click and drag this link
NUS Libraries PubMed Bookmarklet> < to the Bookmark Bar. If you don't see your Bookmark Bar, choose View and check Always show Bookmark Bar or Press Ctrl + Shift + B