IVLE (Integrated Virtual Learnng Environment)
IVLE is the online gateway to teaching and learning in NUS. IVLE is also the conduit through which you can access several administrative and library functions.
These include the following:
- Manage modules,
- Collaborate and communicate with students and fellow staff,
- Promote exploratory and independent learning,
- Ease administrative workload,
- Access the University's teaching and learning resources, and
RBR (Books on Reserve)
What are RBR or "red spot" books?
Commonly known as "red spot books" or "books on reserve", RBR are books recommended by lecturers for a specific module. These compulsory texts can be borrowed for 2 hours at a time. More details about RBR.
How to place books for a module into the RBR collection:
Alternatively, email a copy of the reading list to our Loans & Membership section.
The number of copies to be placed in the RBR collection will depend on the class size (roughly 1:60 but this can vary). If the material you intend to place is not available in NUS Libraries (check here), we will place an order and subsequently processed the title for RBR.
E-Reserves (book chapters/journal articles)
What are E-Reserves?
E-Reserves contain book chapters and/or journal articles in electronic format (PDF or hyperlinks). These readings are recommended by teaching staff and are uploaded in IVLE:
Two types of ereserves
1. Articles that are already subscribed by our online collection (Library Staff will insert the links to the resource for you)
2. Articles, book chapters that are not in our online collection. (Requires submission of copyright declaration (S52) form and copy of the readings, preferably in PDF)
How to submit E-Reserves?
- Go to Library portal
- Scroll down and select the menu Services for...Academic/Executive/Professional Staff . Log in with your NUSNET ID and password when prompted.
- At the subsequent page, select the menu "Place Book Chapter/Journal Article in IVLE/E-Reserves".
- Complete the E-form and submit.
The NUS Library E-Reserves Team oversees the process of obtaining copyright and digitization of E-Reserves on behalf of teaching staff . E-Reserves are published in IVLE for a specific module.
Customized library workshops
Our Resource Librarians provide customized tutorials and advisory sessions for staff and students. These sessions ensure that students are able to retrieve quality information from the vast amount of resources available for teaching and research.
Screening of videos
The library has a good collection of videos, feature films and other multimedia that you can use for education purposes (how to check).
For questions about acquisition, screening , digitization of videos.
Other media related services that we offer include the following::
- Digitization of Audio/Video Materials
- Recording of TV Programmes
You can book our Library theatrettes for screening of multimedia programmes related to your teaching modules.
Other teaching services
The NUS Centre for Instructional Technology provides teaching related services that you may find useful.
Get EndNote X6 from:
EndNote is a software that:
- stores and organizes references found from many sourceshttp://libguides.nus.edu.sg/c
- inserts these references into a Word document automatically formats your references according to a predefined citation style and more!
If you're new to EndNote, check out the following guides: