Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Magazine & newspaper articles
- Chamberlin, J., Novotney, A., Packard, E., & Price, M. (2008, May).
Enhancing worker well-being: Occupational health
psychologists convene to share their research on work, stress,
and health. Monitor on Psychology, 39(5), 26-29.
Online magazine article
- Clay, R. (2008, June). Science vs. ideology: Psychologists fight
back about the misuse of research. Monitor on Psychology, 39(6).
Retrieved from http://www.apa.org/monitor/
- Schwartz, J. (1993, September 30). Obesity affects economic,
social status. The Washington Post, pp. A1, A4.
Online newspaper article
- Brody, J. E. (2007, December 11). Mental reserves keep brain
agile. The New York Times. Retrieved from
Newsletter article (no author)
- Six sites meet for comprehensive anti-gang initiative conference.
(2006, November/December). OJJDP News @ a Glance.
Retrieved from http://www.ncjrs.gov/htmllojjdp/news_acglance
Include the digital object indentifier (DOI) in the reference if one is assigned. If no DOI is assigned and you retreived the article online, include the homepage URL for the source that you are citing.
Journal article with DOI
- Herbst-Damm, K. L., & Kulik, J. A. (2005). Volunteer support, marital
status, and the survival times of terminally ill patients. Health
Psychology, 24, 225-229. doi:10.1037/0278-6126.96.36.199
Journal article without DOI (when DOI is not available or print version)
- Parker, R., & Fox, K. M. (2010). Postnatal depression: A
meta-analysis. Australian and New Zealand Journal
of Psychiatry, 29(3), 272-285.
- Jones, T. J., & Fields, N. (2003). Emotional quotient and personality.
E-Journal of Applied Psychology, 2(2), 38-45. Retrieved from
In-press article (not officially published yet)
- Briscoe, R. (in press). Egocentric spatial representation in action
and perception. Philosophy and Phenomenological Research.
Retrieved from http://cogprints.org/5780/1/ECSRAP.F07
Note: Use the following in-text citation: (Gilbert et al., 2004). When a
reference has up to seven authors, spell out all authors' names in the reference list.