Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Moving citations from Mendeley to Zotero (and vice versa)
Zotero and Mendeley has many similarities in the backend, so transferring citations between these two software is via the Zotero API.
NOTE: It is likely to exclude the attached full-text PDFs.
- Click on Tools
- Select Options and select Zotero
- Connect Mendeley to the Zotero API by keying in your Zotero username and password. Your Zotero account will by synced to your Mendeley account
- Click on Mendeley Desktop
- Click on Preferences and select Zotero
- Connect Mendeley to the Zotero API by keying in your Zotero username and password. Your Zotero account will be synced to your Mendeley account