As a NUS student, you are automatically a member of NUS Libraries. Here are the number of books you can borrow:
Your Loan Privileges
Honours & Graduate Student
|Main Shelves Book||20 books at any one time||30 books at any one time|
|RBR Book||2 books at any one time||2 books at any one time|
|Online Renewal||3 times||3 times|
Your Loan Duration
|Main Shelves Book||14 Days||28 Days|
|RBR Book||2 hours/ overnight||2 hours/ overnight|
Checking your Library Account:
Once you have finish setting your library pin, you can use your student card number and your library pin to check your library account. Your library account provides you with the details of the books you borrowed and also any library fines that you may have incurred.
To check your library account:
Renewing your books online:
You can renew your books online using your student card and your library pin.
To renew your books, please follow these steps:
1. First login to your library account and click on the Items currently checked out
2. Click on Items currently checked out to see the items you have borrowed.
3. You have the option to renew all or selected items that you have checked out. Click on RENEW ALL or mark the items you wish to renew and then click RENEW SELECTED ITEMS.
Make sure that the due date changes after you click on RENEW. If the date does not change, the renewal was not successful.
Your books will not be renewed if:
Each successful renewal will extend the due date or period by your normal loan period (e.g 14 days for undergraduate) from the day you renewed the item.
Borrowing Books from the Loan Counter:
You can borrow books from the loan counter by using your Student Card:
Borrowing Books from the Self Check-out Machine:
You can also borrow books from the Self Check-out Machines that can be found in all NUS Libraries:
How do I request for a Closed Stack Item/Put a Hold on a Item that is borrowed out:
There may be instances where you are trying to borrow an item that is in the Closed Stacks (a storage area only accessible to library staff) or an item that has been borrowed out.
You can place a request for the Closed Stack Item or put a hold on the borrowed item so that you will be next in line to use the item.
1) Once you have done your search in the library portal and located the item (hardcopy book or journal) that you need, check to see if the location states that it is in the Closed Stacks and the status of the item is Request Item or if the item has been borrowed out
2) If so, click on the orange Request button located at the top.
3) At the next page displayed, key in your Student Card Number and Library PIN. Click on SUBMIT.
4) A list of all the items (journal volumes or copies of books) is shown. Click on the item that you want to request. Click on REQUEST SELECTED ITEM at the end of the page.
To search for a specific volume, use EDIT on the browser menu bar to select FIND (ON THIS PAGE) and type the year or volume you want in the pop-up window FIND then click on NEXT.
Only one item can be selected at one time. To select another volume of the same journal:
Click on RETURN TO BROWSE and select another volume.
5) Once you have selected the item you want, click on REQUEST SELECTED ITEM at the end of the page.
6) When the item is ready for collection you will be informed via your NUS email. Please remember to pick up the item/s at the correct library and by the deadline stated in the email sent to you.
In the unfortunate event where you have incurred library fines, you can pay your library fines online without coming to the library.
To pay your library fines online: