Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The purpose of this guide is to recommend article databases, books and other materials for conducting research in Global Affairs and International Relations. Click on the tabs at the top of the page, or the menu below to navigate among the sections of this guide to discover useful resources.
Need help? Ask a Librarian!
- Articles/Databases - major databases for finding scholarly articles
- Books - become acquainted with major reference works on your topic
- Journals - browse journal literature focused on migration studies
- News - major databases for identifying current and historical news
- Citations/Citing - tools for managing citations, resources for APA, MLA, Chicago and more
- Data and Statistics - major links to .gov, .org, data and statistics
- Infographic assignment for Introduction to Global Affairs
Key Resources for Global Affairs
PAIS International International database for public and social policy. Includes journal articles, books, government documents, statistics, reports from organizations and from 1985 abstracts.
International Political Science Abstracts Indexes and abstracts articles in the field of political science (including the sub-fields of public administration, political theory and international relations) published in journals (and yearbooks) all over the world.
ProQuest Political Science Access to article information of more than 240 leading political science and international relations journals, including full-text of many core titles included in Worldwide Political Science Abstracts. Coverage from 1985 to present.
Worldwide Political Science Abstracts Provides citations, abstracts, and indexing of the international serials literature in political science and its complementary fields, including international relations, law, and public administration / policy.
EconLit (Ovid) Major resource for Economics. A comprehensive index of journal articles, books, book reviews, collective, working papers and dissertations. While only some articles are available in full-text, this is perhaps one of the most comprehensive databases for searching for Economics articles.