This subject guide covers resources available at the NUS Libraries. This is not a comprehensive subject guide, but rather a selective list of materials that are most useful for locating information in Political Science.
The principal sub-fields of the discipline of Political Science as taught in NUS Faculty of Arts & Social Sciences' Political Science department are international relations, comparative politics, political theory & thought, and governance & public policy.
Library Tutorial for Political Science Honours Year Students
|Date :||Thursday, 1 September 2016|
|Time :||1.00 pm – 3.30pm|
|Venue :||Central Library Theatrette 2 (Library Entrance Level [Level 4 near RBR])|
|Registration :||Click Here|
|Instructor :||Herman Felani bin Md Yunos|
About the Tutorial:
This tutorial will be most useful for students embarking on their thesis or ISM paper. As these academic exercises are principally self-driven, you must know how to carry out your own research quickly, efficiently, and comprehensively.
Students doing general coursework modules only for their Honours Year, and Year 3 majors are also encouraged and welcome to attend the session as what you will learn is applicable to any form of research you may be required to do.
We will be covering the following during the tutorial. Come with your own research topic/question/proposal, if you have one, to put into practice what you will learn.
- the research process where information gathering is concerned,
- how to make better use of relevant Political Science indexes and databases,
- an introduction to EndNote*, a reference management software to help you manage, organise, and automate your citations,
- introduction to other services available to Honours Year students.
|* Please bring your own laptops for this session as PCs will not be provided.
* Please install EndNote from the software catalogue before coming. The installation instructions are here. EndNote is free for installation by NUS Staff and Students.
Please e-mail the instructor at email@example.com if you have further queries. Global Studies majors are welcome to attend this session.