Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
About this guide
This guide helps you to locate NUS and non-NUS academic exercises, theses and dissertations, in print and electronic formats.
Note: NUS Libraries will only have the theses provided by the departments/schools. NUS electronic theses would be available in ScholarBank@NUS, our institutional repository, which also stores NUS Masters theses & PhD dissertations submitted after September 2003.
Recommend to acquire a thesis
How can I get a thesis which is not available in the Library?
Theses that are not available in the Library may be acquired based on the library's collection development guidelines. To recommend the purchase of a thesis:
- If you are already logged into the portal, the form should already be listed under My Services (or click on More) if you are eligible to recommend purchase of new titles
- Otherwise, go to the NUS Libraries Portal > go to the right panel under "Quick Links" > select "More Services and E-Forms for...":
- At the SERVICES FOR page, under Recommendation to Purchase New Materials , select Recommend Books. If you don't see any E-forms, please email us the title, author and year of the thesis.
- Complete the e-form. Indicate that the required item is a thesis under the "Other information" field. You will be informed via email when the item you requested is available.
Search for Thesis in FindMore, the Library's Search Engine
- Go to the Library portal (http://www.lib.nus.edu.sg).
- Under the default search tab FindMore and enter the keywords e.g. "mental health" young Singapore. Use quotes ".." to search for exact phrases.
- The results will show four main categories: Books & E-Resources, ScholarBank, Digital Gems and Yewno. Scroll down and click the orange-tab to view only the results for Books & Resources
- On the results list, go to the left panel and refine the results to Dissertations/Thesis.
- Limit the results to items from the Library Catalog:
- At the full display screen, select REQUEST to retrieve the item from Closed Stacks:
More on Closed Stacks