NUS Final Year Project (FYP) and Academic Exercises (AE), Hons Year Thesis are available in print only. Older NUS Masters & PhD thesis are in print as well. However, papers from September 2003 would be on our online institutional repository ScholarBank@NUS.
Availability of FYP, AE and Hons Yr papers at the library varies, depending on what was provided by faculty/department/school. Note that a some such as those from SDE, may be kept at their department library IRC.
At the Library portal, select LINC.
On the LINC search page, you may search by keywords, by choosing Simple search (as shown below).
The ensuing page enables you to enter keywords that best describe your topic for example e.g. youth volunt*, limiting the search within Theses (NUS) Collection:
1. Use the * (asterisk) sign to retrieve variant forms of the root word "volunt". This would retrieve other forms of the word after where the asterisk is placed. In this example, it would include volunteering, voluntarism, voluntarily, etc.
2. The search operator (aka Boolean operator) 'AND' is automatically subsumed between the two keywords (youth AND volunt*).
Print copies of Honours Year Academic Exercises (AE), Masters theses and PhD dissertations received from NUS faculty, department and school have been assigned unique call numbers.
3. You can then enter (A) the unique thesis Call Number assigned to a subject/department, followed by the year in which it was submitted, and (B) limit search by Theses (NUS) Collection. More on Theses Call Number .
4. On the results page, click on the Call Number of the required thesis to view full catalogue record.
5. On the catalogue record page, select Request to have the item retrieved from the Closed Stacks. Click this link to know more about Closed Stacks items