Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Article by Cavinder Bull and Lin Shumin published on Singapore Law Watch.
Civil Proceedings: Overview
Information on civil proceedings in the Supreme Court.
What is a Civil Case
Basic information on Civil cases and their processes.
Know the Law Now (by Law Society)
Chapter 3 contains sections on Civil Cases, General Process of a Civil Claim, Giving Evidence at a Civil Trial, Subpoena, etc
LawNet (access: NUS Law) (access: Other NUS staff & students)
Browsing for Materials:
- Under "Legal Research" > "Subject Browse" > "Civil Procedure"
- View cases classified by Affidavits, Amendments, Anton Piller Orders, Appeals, Conferences (pre-trial), Costs, Damages, Delay, Disclosure of Documents, Discontinuance, Discovery of Documents, etc.
- Search by Keyword under "Legal Research" > "Basic Search"
- Conduct a more precise based on material type or field search under "Legal Research" > "Advanced Search"
Main website for court forms - Rules of Court Appendix A
Online forms published by the Singapore Courts:
- Forms (filter by Supreme Court, State Courts, topic, etc.)
Books containing forms:
Acknowledgement & Contacts
Clement Lin Zikai '18 (LL.B. (Hon.) NUS) was the editor of this page from Jan 2019 to April 2022.
For any queries relating to this Libguide, please email email@example.com.